A Letter is a recommendation from a professional regarding aspects of gender transitioning.
There are basically three different types:
- A general letter stating that the patient is undergoing care for GID, a so-called "carry letter."
- A recommendation that the patient be started on hormone therapy.
- A recommendation that the patient be allowed to undergo gender reassignment surgery
A general letter may be useful in some situations, for instance, being challenged for using the "wrong" restroom. Some states allow modification of gender markers on driver's licenses when such a request is accompanied by a therapist's letter.
|This article is either incomplete or a placeholder. You can help Susan's Place Transgender Wiki by|
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Letters"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family&Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles